Friday, September 10, 2010

5 miler - with 1 mile on and 1 off

After a rest day yesterday, I decided to head out this morning for a whatever 5 miler. (I thought about going out after dinner - but my wife who is much wiser than me, told me I should just rest, get healthy, get some sleep and go in the morning. I knew her PhD would come in handy with my running some day).

The whatever run is what I call the - I'll make up what I do once I get out there. As soon as I stepped outside and felt the lovely cool air I felt rejuvenated and ready to run...hard. But with the first 20 miler of this marathon training tomorrow I knew I shouldnt go all out hard for too long. So I decided on one mile on and one mile offs. The first mile I held back a little just in case the On/Off idea wasnt right. From there I slowly pushed the pace on each on segment.

Overall I felt good - most of my allergy issues seem to disappear while I'm running (except for the super dry throat). I'm probably going to come up short this week on mileage - but I'm hoping the quality of my runs makes of for the missing quantity. Happy Friday everyone!

Total distance: 5 miles
Total time: 41:35
Average pace: 8:19
Avg Hr: 158
Max Hr: 179

Splits
8:03 / 147
9:03 / 149
7:39 / 165
9:48 / 155
7:00 / 176

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/48356043

No comments: