Sunday, June 20, 2010

Branford Road Race 2010 - 5 miler

Holy hot and humid.....not the best day for a race for me. I wish the start was at 8am like usual for races - as by 10am it was already very hot. First two miles were a little faster than I had hoped - but they felt good. I caught with Alecia in the second mile and ran pretty much the rest of the race with her (she did out-kick me at the end). During the third mile the heat/humidity started to take its toll and by the fourth mile I was just holding on for dear life and hoping not to completely fall apart. A little Jimi Hendrix at the start of mile 4 ("Purple Haze" how fitting) seemed to snap me out of the sluggishness that had overtaken me. Alecia and I came out the corner to run down Montowese St and the sun was blasting on us. As we took the final corner on to Main St I coasted in. Today was one of those days I was so happy to finish upright. Not a terrible run considering the conditions - but not my finest race.

Total distance: 5 miles
Total time: 36:17
Average pace: 7:15

Splits
6:52
6:54
7:22
7:42
7:26

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/37600306



Warm up/Cool down
Total Distance: 2 miles / 1.25 miles
Total Time: 17:50 /12:49
Avg Pace: 8:55 / 10:15

No comments: