Saturday, January 10, 2009

Long, cold, hilly, icy beard run

Today Justin and I went Roger Williams park and did 3 loops around the park which were each 3.5 miles (+ .8 miles because of a wrong turn). Temperatures this morning were around 14 when we were running. I decided to bundle up good with compression pants and all plus my Steelers sweatshirt. This was a very difficult course with quite challenging hills. At the beginning of the second mile my beard and mustache started to accumulate ice. Who knew? And by the end of the run, the ice was very visible on my face in a couple places. When I got home my sweatshirt was drenched in sweat. Guess I need to find some other kind of outer layer for my 16 miler cause from the looks of the weather in Derry, NH its gonna be cold.

Total Mileage: 11.3
Total Time: 1:48:38
Total Average: 9:10

No comments: