Sunday, April 12, 2009

20 Mile long run part 2 and marathon dream

Today was my second 20 mile run in preparation for the Providence Marathon on May 3rd. I went out alone today (I forgot to tell Drew the new time for todays run since we got rained out yesterday) and started at the normal Brown run starting point - Meeting St @ Thayer St. Nothing too exciting happened during the run - I just tried to stay focused on finishing 20 miles (without hypothermia). It was very windy today and it seemed like I was always running right into it. I made the route up as I went along and mostly ran by my watch and feel. The route overall was very hilly (per usual) - especially when you consider College St. Now - taper time - hopefully I can survive that.

Total Distance: 20.09 miles
Total Time: 3:16:27
Average Pace: 9:46

43 mile week!

Last night both Shawn and Laura asked me if I was getting nervous or excited about the marathon. To be honest at that point I really hadnt say down and thought about it that much. But since they both asked - last night I had crazy dreams about it. Just the perfect thing to dream about and keep me up the night before a 20 mile run. My dream went something like this - the race changed its course a few days before the race as the construction on the Henderson (Red) bridge wasnt completed. To make up the distance they took us through Brown's campus - however the course wasnt marked very well and it seemed to dump into the main green that was covered with students. It was chaos at its finest - we ran miles and miles and miles through this and then came upon a river in the middle of the green. Not knowing what to do we swam across it and started running around the other half of campus - including in and out of classrooms. This dream kept me up most of the night - id fall back asleep then bammo - back running around Brown's campus. So - thanks Shawn and Laura - Im now nervous/excited about the race (even if only in my dreams).

1 comment:

SM said...

Sorry about that! Have fun running through Brown!