Sunday, November 7, 2010

End of Taper Week 1

First taper week is done. Phew....Got some good runs in this week. I even ended the week with a long run with a 5k race in the middle. The one negative for the week is I spent Friday with either a stomach bug or some food poisoning - either way I definitely expelled more calories on Friday than I could take in. Also by the end of the day was extremely dehydrated (any fluids I took in got deposited into the porcelain throne as well). Saturday I spent the day refueling and re-hydrating so I could try and run on Sunday.

The race went well - I was able to maintain a comfortably hard pace and run a 7:36 pace. Far from a PR - but with the 5.8 mile warm up we did and being sick I will take it.

This coming week Ill be cutting back my mileage a bit more and start to make my Marathon checklist (which is right up my alley - gotta love making lists). Things to look for - places to eat near the convention center, a quiet family friendly place to get dinner on Saturday, look for some throw away clothes for the start, look at Philadelphia weather and figure out what to bring with me, buy Gels and other food stuffs.....Im sure there are many other things to list out - so feel free to remind me of things I should bring.

Total runs: 6 (include the long run on Sunday broken into 3 segments)
Distance: 29.02 miles
Time: 4:14:45
Pace: 8:46

No comments: