Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Taper Run #2 -

So far taper hasn't started to drive me crazy yet - but its only early in the first week of it. Talk to me midweek next week. Todays run went well - did fifteen 100meter pickups with 100m recovery then did some running around Yale to fill out some mileage. Felt good - and the cooler weather has been great. Ive been having to shed the gloves and arm warmers though mid run as I do get warm pretty quick.

Been thinking about nutrition strategy for race day and this is what I have so far...

- 2-2.5 hours before race (4:30am-5am ugh) - eat bagel and have a cup of coffee (where I am going to find coffee at that time of the morning I dont know yet)
- 1 hour before race - some sort of granola bar - preferably with around 140 calories
- 15 minutes before race Gatorade G1 Prime
- Mile 5 Gel
- Mile 13.5 Gel
- Mile 20.5 Gel

At the three gel times drink water - then try and alternate water/gatorade as much as I can throughout the rest of the race.

Picked up some shorts tonight at Sports Authority to race in and my shirt from Running Warehouse should be here tomorrow. Will be trying them out on my long run this weekend with the Milford Road Runners (WINTER COURSE!! WAHOOO - believe me its so much better than the summer course).

Still have had only the two marathon dreams and those were a few weeks ago. Waiting to see what my brain does to me over the next few days while I'm trying to sleep.

No comments: