Thursday, November 4, 2010

Taper Run #3-

The plan today was to go slow and not do anything dumb (step on an acorn, trip on a curb, slip on leaves). Mother nature actually helped out with the rain and the wind - and really I kind of like running in the rain. I put on my new digs that I hope to wear at Philly and went out for a slow and wet four miler. For the first time on a run I never looked at my Garmin. I just counted the mile beeps so I knew when to stop. Felt kind of nice to just be whatever about a run. Some people when they do "naked" runs they go without the watch - but I still like the post run numbers and stuff to obsess over. I did throw a picked up pace mile at the end of the run that just happened to be at 8:23 (which is right around goal marathon pace). My poor Kinvaras are up on my makeshift drying rack now - to hopefully be worn tomorrow.

Total distance: 4 miles
Total time: 36:36
Average pace: 9:09
Splits: 9:15 / 9:09 / 9:48 / 8:23
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/55513974

The new shirt and shorts seemed to work out fine. First pair of shorts with a liner in it. I was always hesitant to get this kind of short for some reason - but it wasn't all that bad. I'm going to wear the same thing out on my long run this weekend to make sure everything stays where its supposed to on a longer run....and to see well if there are any chafe points.

No comments: