Thursday, November 26, 2009

GMAA Turkey Trot 5k - Burlington, VT

Since we were headed to Laura's for Thanksgiving - we decided we would run in the Turkey Trot that her running club sponsors. My first time running 2 races in the same week. Very low key event, no numbers, no chips, no free t-shirts - just running. The course went down hill for the first mile or so, then cross country for a bit - then up hill the last mile(ish). I tried to hold a fast pace for the whole race - but once it went cross country I took it back a notch just to make sure I didnt slip/trip (since Im a little clutzy). When we came back to the regular path I thought I could kick it up again but the hill really held me back.

Total Time: 23:08
Average Pace: 7:28
Splits: 6:33/7:26/8:21/7:59(for 1/10 mile)

No comments: