Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NEW SHOES!!

I did some quick math the other day and realized that my Nike's have quite a few miles on them. That coupled with my new case of "Black Toe" - I decided it was time for a new pair of shoes.

Instead of going to Dick's or similar place and buying the most inexpensive of the fancy Nike's I could find; I thought it was about time I go to a real running store and get someone to watch me walk and all that jazz. I heard good things about Rhode Runner in Providence from Justin so I headed there (after a quick trip to Books on the Square to get some books for Alec to keep him occupied).

As soon as I walked in I was helped by a nice kid working there. He made me take off the shoes and roll up my jeans and walk to the door and back a couple times. After a few questions about mileage and stuff - he brought out 3 pairs - 1) Nike 2) Saucony and 3) Brooks.

The Nike's felt just like my current Nike's so nothing spectacular. I then put on the Saucony shoes - and WOW. They felt soooo good. I tried on the Brooks after that - they were nice - but the Saucony's were the way to go. So I have a brand new pair of Saucony Progrid Trigon 5 Ride (silver/grey/orange) size 10.5s.



I know it seems I'm a little over excited about a pair of shoes - but I hate going shoe shopping for any shoe - and this was as painless as it gets. Oh and Alec insisted on seeing my black toe when I was trying on shoes - he says and I quote "Its not that gross Daddy".

4 comments:

SM said...

nice shoes! I need a new pair. I have the Brooks Addiction 7 and will probably buy the Brooks Addiction 8. They are a good motion control shoe

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's so important to choose a shoe brand based on what feels good on your feet, not on what's supposed to be good or cool. The right pair of shoes will make you want to run the second you put them on.

I'm a Brooks fan. They are perfect for my very wide feet and I need a lot of cushioning and motion control.

Your blog has inspired me - when I saw your Nike running stats I started investigating other online run tracking applications and wound up with mapmyrun.com. It's really fun drawing your routes on the map and you can track other activities on there too.

majorcane said...

MapMyRun is awesome. I have spent hours and hours and hours mapping out different routes just to get that "Perfect" distance/route.

ClarkeGraves said...

holy crap i just mapped all my runs on that site, fricken killer! thanks for the heads up.

oh yea, pretty shoes too mark!!