Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tempo Run - IN NEW SHOES!!

Today, Justin and I did our first Tempo run. Also today was the first run with the new shoes. The shoes were great - I couldn't be happier with them. Results of today's tempo run.

Warmup - 1 mile in 9:50 minutes
1st mile tempo - 8:00 minutes (too fast)
2nd mile tempo - 9:00 minutes (too slow)
Cooldown - 1 mile in 10:00 minutes
Overall time - 36:50 for 4 miles

We were aiming for 8:30 minute pace - so we have some work to do to bring the fast down and speed the slow up to the midpoint. The tempo miles felt tough but not impossible. We could talk a little as we ran which is a good sign (I think).

Off day tomorrow - which is good as this is the first time in a long time I ran 3 consecutive days. I'm looking for a good route in Somverville/Cambridge area for my Saturday long run. Guess I'll be on MapMyRun most of the night finding that "perfect" route.

10:15pm Update - No soreness or pain. Im a little shocked. But I guess we will see how I feel in the morning (or when the ibuprofen wears off).

No comments: