Monday, February 22, 2010

Migraine busting 8 miler

I know it may sound crazy - but when I don't run, I get migraines. I can take prescriptions for them - but I hate using meds for something that I can fight off in other ways. So when people ask me why I run one of the reasons is to avoid the migraine. Some think the migraine is just the headache - but for quite a few of us its so much more. Since I hadn't run in three days one had started to settle in this weekend.

Today, I went out to go a medium to long distance (for me these days) to try and fight the migraine. Run went very well - and as soon as I got done cleaning up afterwards with a warm shower 95% of the symptoms had sub-sided.

Total Mileage: 8 miles
Total Time: 1:05:58
Average Pace: 8:14

Splits
8:00
7:57
8:08
8:39
8:13
8:07
8:37
8:14

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/25331379

No comments: