Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rainy splashy run

"I'll run in the rain till I'm breathless
When I'm breathless I'll run till I drop" - R. Plant


Ok, so I didn't run til I dropped, but I was the Fool in the Rain and ran relatively hard today. Since it was supposed to rain all day today (and mostly did) there was no way to fool Mother Nature today like I did yesterday with a morning run. I went out at lunch time and decided since it was raining quite hard that today would be a great day to just run at a pretty good pace and get back home to the warmth. So my "goal" was to go 4-5 miles around 36-40 minutes....

Total Mileage: 5 miles
Total Time: 39:48
Average Pace: 7:57

Splits
8:12
7:45
7:53
8:00
7:56

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/25454447

Overall a great run I was able to run downtown without too much trouble from the lunch time traffic I usually run into - and - I didn't get splashed by any cars. Shoes are drying now in front of the heater in my make shift shoe dryer (http://twitpic.com/13tcnz) I setup and hopefully ready for tomorrow's rainy run again.

No comments: