Friday, February 12, 2010

Recovery Friday

After an intense track day yesterday - today was all about recovery and just a nice simple mindless run. With my son having a 1/2 day today, I had to run in the morning - which meant dodging morning commute (cars and pedestrians) and the leftover ice on the sidewalks. I did my usual "easy day" route towards downtown, passed the hospital, then back up Propsect to Canner then home. I focused on my breathing and foot strike today. Amazing when you breathe properly you can settle into a nice comfy pace and keep it relatively consistent. End of the third and beginning off the fourth mile was the hill (as usual) and part of my next 5k course. I need to work on that hill as it will be a big difference maker in getting a good time - maybe some repeats of it next week. Long run tomorrow with Milford Road Runners - hoping for 8-10 miles.

Total Mileage: 5 miles
Total Time: 43:44
Average Pace: 8:44

Splits
8:51
8:24
8:54
9:11
8:21

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/24500369

Also finished the final week of the twohundredsitups program and the 5th week of the onehundredpushups program. Final sit-up test this weekend sometime.....more to follow....

Also - please check out the Running Laminators latest blog entry. The National Marathon in DC needs volunteers for their March 20th race. If you live in the area and can volunteer please do...

No comments: