Wednesday, October 15, 2008

4 miler with Justin - who knew that could get sore

Today went for an easy 4 mile run with Justin. I was pretty sore today (yes, yes my gluteus maximus is sore)...guess the long run on Saturday took more out of me then I expected.

Total Distance: 4 miles
Total Time: 38.35.41
Pace avg: 9:38

1st mile 9:30.95
2nd mile 9:40.51
3rd mile 9:44.00
4th mile 9:39.95

Taking Thursday and Friday off to rest up for 10k on Saturday in Dartmouth, MA. Don't need to do something dumb - i know i know - Ive done lots of dumb things before. Hopefully with a couple days of rest (and ibuprofen) these aches and sores will clear up. I have a goal in mind for the 10k - but im not gonna put it down here as really this race is just a "tune-up" for the Manchester Half...so I'm not concerned about the 10k as much. Just gonna run with Drew and see what happens.

Oh and yes Im going to train to run the marathon in Providence on May 3, 2009. So Justin and Jeff - better start working out where your free dinner is gonna be with Drew and Anthony soon....cuz it looks like they are gonna lose the bet. I still feel used in this - I should get a free dinner too.

1 comment:

Janette said...

I'm so excited you decided to sign up for Providence in May. You seem to really love running so I bet you'll enjoy training for the marathon. It's a great time especially if you have friends to train with.