Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mileage makeup day with 100 Acre Hill

Due to the weather over the last few days I was a bit short on the weekly mileage. Since the weather was AWESOME I decided to try and make up the mileage - yes I know you cant just make up mileage from other runs - but whatever. We headed out for the 100 Acres hill. Normally we take it easy up the hill (since its a bit of a monster) - but today I decided to run it hard and man it felt good. I used the downhill to practice for my first leg of 100on100 - focused on good form and quick foot turnover. I was moving really well - doing around 6 minute miles - mid way down BAMMO hit a rock and twisted my ankle. I stopped to check the damage and all seemed ok so I continued.

Total Mileage: 4.51
Total Time: 39:23
Average Pace: 8:44

Splits
9:18
8:52
7:57
9:03
4:11 (for .51 miles - 8:15 pace)

No comments: