Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1st Annual Milford Road Runners Donut Dash

The race was to run a mile, eat 6 donuts, run a mile. Sounds simple enough. With 12 registered runners I felt I had a decent chance - unless I took too long to eat the donuts. First mile clocked in at a 6:24 - new mile PR right there! Then the donut eating began - first three weren't that bad. The last three began to hurt....I finally ate my last donut and was off for my second mile. The first part of it was a little uncomfortable - but I soon recovered and was able to clock in a 6:34 mile.

1st mile: 6:23
Donut time: 11:23
2nd mile: 6:34

I hope I can use this speed at my next 5k - especially when I dont have to eat 6 donuts at the midway point.

1200+ calories consumed
237 calories burned

hrmmmmm............

No comments: