Saturday, April 24, 2010

Long run Saturday MRR

Saturday long run day today in Milford. I was looking forward to this run this week as I've felt pretty beat up. I had no plans whatsoever as pace or anything today heading into the run - plan was just to go out see how I feel and adjust as I go. First mile I still felt a bit tired and tight from last nights run- but by the time we hit the second mile that was gone.

Everyone got fairly separated at this point - and I fell into a pack with Dan L, Fred and Amy. We held together for most of the run taking turns at leading the pack. With a little over a mile left, I started to pick up the pace and separate from the group. I looked back and the other three were a good bit back - but around a half mile to go I heard someone running behind me and closing. It was Amy - she had closed the distance in no time.

Last mile clocked in at 7:10 - which felt great. When I was done I thought I could go for a couple more miles but decided not to and focus on getting next week's long run at 10+ miles.

Total distance: 8 miles
Total time: 1:05:06
Average pace: 8:08

Splits
8:50
8:19
8:00
8:29
8:18
8:11
7:47
7:10

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31064074

No comments: