Monday, April 5, 2010

Easy 6 in the Newtons

Took a rest day yesterday albeit unplanned - I felt a day after a hard race was the perfect day to do it. My wife, son and I hiked up the side of East Rock park to the summit - 2 miles round trip and 400 feet straight up (or so it felt).

Today I was excited to break out the Newtons again as I am still adjusting to them. Weather was perfect again - maybe a little on the warm side. Must remember to keep drinking water throughout the day. The plan for today was to up my time in the shoes to four miles - come back home grab my Sauconys and do a couple more miles. So - I stashed my Sauconys by my car and headed out. I tried to stay close to home in case I had any shoe issues. After I finished the first two miles, I felt two more miles in the Newtons was totally doable. I made sure I stayed in a good rythym and was trying to stay focused on my foot fall and stride length. After the "planned" four miles was done - I figured two more couldnt hurt so I just kept going in the Newtons to finish off the run.

The Netwons feel great. I've adjusted pretty well to them and will start going a bit longer in them but still alternating them with the Sauconys for another week. New route tomorrow up the other side of East Rock to the summit...

Total distance: 6 miles
Total time: 47:23
Average pace: 7:53

Splits
8:13
7:53
8:05
7:43
7:53
7:34

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/29075788

No comments: