Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Long hill repeat up back side of East Rock

The other day my family and I hiked up some paths to get to the top of East Rock (aka Mt. Doom). During our hike we kept crossing this windy, hilly road that cars are not allowed on. So it seemed like a perfect road to run some hills on.

After a one mile warmup, up the hill I went. I tried to stay nice and relaxed as I pushed up the hill. When the Garmin beeped another mile I turned around and headed down (first mile up was at 8:00). After a mile recovery, I turned around and headed back up. This mile was a bit slower but still felt good - 8:12. Turned around for a mile recovery - then I took off with what I had left (which wasnt much).

Looking forward to tomorrow's run in the Newtons.

Total distance: 6 miles
Total time: 48:17
Average pace: 8:02

Splits
8:50
8:00
7:52
8:12
7:42
7:38

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/29181941

No comments: