Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Long" Run Day

Today's run just flat out stunk. Woke up around 7am and was out the door by 7:30. Took off up Hinckely Ave (in Somervilla) - up Broadway hill. I went nice and slow and felt actually kind of good considering the lack of sleep. I missed the turn on Central and had to come back up the hill to make the turn. I should have realized that was a sign.

The next few miles were just slow, painful and just plain miserable. The last 3/4 of a mile, when Rage and Cypress Hill came on the headphone I got a boost and was able to run ALL out for that bit. And I mean all out - i tried to talk (to myself) and could barely gets 2 words out before needing a breath. So I'm officially calling my last bit the "Zack, Tom, Tim, Brad, B-Real, Sen-Dog, DJ Mugs, and and Eric Bobo 3/4 Mile".

Couple days off and back at it on Tuesday with a Tempo run or hill work.

Update -

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry 'bout the sucky run. They happen. How far did you go?

majorcane said...

Worked out to be a little over 4 miles. I know 4 with hills is good - but I just felt - BLAH most of the time. The lack of sleep is probably the reason. Went to concert the night before and you know who always wakes up before 6am (even on the weekends).