Monday, August 18, 2008

Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner

One thing my vacation allowed me to do (besides get away from the computer) was to read. Doug let me borrow Dean Karnazes - Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner. Dean is an ultramarathon runner (runs longer than 26.2 miles). He has done some crazy things (at least for now I think they are crazy) such as single-handedly completed the 199 mile Providian Saturn Relay six times, ran 350 miles in 80 hours and 44 minutes without stopping and ran in and won the Badwater Ultramarathon. The book was a very good read and I'd recommend it to any of you that run.

"To call running fun would be a misuse of the word. Running can be enjoyable. Running can be rejuvenating. But in a pure sense of the word, running is not fun." - Dean Karnazes.

No comments: