Monday, March 22, 2010

Easy 6+ with 1/4 mile pickups x5

After a restless rest day yesterday, I was happy to get back to running today. I have found the first run back after any time off - one day, two days, a week - are never good. So I was happy to make today an easy run.

I went a bit earlier today for my run to hopefully beat the rain. I put on the new rain coat - which I ended not needing. I headed out on the six mile route that Leah showed me. Once I got going things felt pretty good - I tried to maintain an even pace as much as a I could (even up over the East Rock Park hill). During the fourth mile I decided I felt good enough to try to do some pickups. I started doing a 1/4 mile picups with 1/4 mile recoveries. I was able to hold the pickups at 5k to faster than 5k effort/pace. Each felt pretty good - I was happy to be able to wake up the speed muscles on a dreary Monday.


Total distance 6.5 miles
Total time: 54:08
Average pace: 8:19

Splits
8:37
8:37
8:36
8:24
7:57
7:57
3:57 (for .50 miles @ 7:55 pace)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/27736928

No comments: