Thursday, March 18, 2010

Review: Injinji Running Socks

When I'm not running, I hate socks and am usually barefoot. However I'm a running sock junkie. I have so many pairs of running socks its crazy. So after reading Peter L's review of his Injinji socks at his blog, I had to order a pair and give them a try.

I ordered a pair of the peformance socks from Running Warehouse and as soon as they came today I broke them out of the box and put them on. Getting each toe tucked into the right slot was a little tricky - kind of like trying to put gloves on a fidgety kid. Once they were on it did feel strange. Having each toe wrapped in its own personal sock was odd. Once I put my running shoes on, things felt more normal.

During the run, they were really great. At first it was all I thought about, but as I settled into the run I barely noticed them. When I thought about my toes during the run, I did notice that they weren't rubbing together as usual. Although today's run was only six miles they performed wonderfully. I can't wait to take them out for a long run.

No comments: