Monday, March 8, 2010

Hilly recovery run

I know for each mile one races you are supposed to take a day off - or if you must run make them easy runs. I had every intention of doing that until I stepped outside today and felt the warm pre-spring air. The East Rock Park Summit called to me - so I worked my way up it. I did a nice warmup before even attempting the hill, and I told myself to just maintain a nice easy pace. Today's run wasn't easy - but it wasn't hard either. I felt no twinges or pulls from the WPLR 5k, which was great. However, the 8:30 (or so) pace I was going felt more like 8 even. I did go a little longer than I had planned (like I really plan anything though) but I am glad I went out. Spring is almost here for good.

Total Distance: 6.5 miles
Total Time: 55:33
Average Pace: 8:32

Splits
8:29
8:20
8:43
8:34
8:36
8:38
4:09 (for 1/2 mile @8:20 pace)

Oh....and the view from the top of the summit- awesome as always.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26473029

No comments: