Monday, March 1, 2010

Quick 6

I was hoping to do just do an easy recovery today - but with today's weather being so great and the next couple days looking like more rain - I had to take advantage of the day. With yesterday being the long day (with hills), I didn't have high hopes for anything fast - just wanted to get at least 6 miles in.

I started out by running downtown - with the 20-30mph winds and the buildings downtown, it seemed like the wind was always in my face. When the first mile beeped on my Garmin and it said 8:00 for the first mile I was excited that today would be a nice fast run - also nervous that I went out too fast and would have to slow down. Funny the mental game one has to play to keep going. Ran past the Grove Street Cemetary, then around past the Yale bookstore before I headed back up Whitney. I didn't feel like I was going as fast as I was but amazingly enough the 2nd and 3rd AND 5th mile were all under 8.

The turn around point of today was the intersection of Whitney and Davis St (about 4.75 miles in). Watch beeped the 5th mile and STILL under 8. At this point I debated doing a cool down or trying to push the final mile - of course I went with push. I cut onto East Rock Rd and then down Livingston watch beeped 6 miles and I decided to stop there and take a nice relaxing walk/jog back home which was close.

Great run today with some great weather for running (would have been fantastic without the wind). Even with the rain in the forecast tomorrow I hope to be able to get a few miles in - we'll see.

Total Mileage: 6 miles
Total Time: 46:52
Average Pace: 7:48

Splits
8:00
7:48
7:46
7:50
7:52
7:33

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/25856518

No comments: