Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First run in Newtons

My Newton's arrived today! And although it was a rest day I could resist taking them out for a spin. I read at their site to only do 10 minutes or so the first time and slowly build up over a little bit of time. The first 100 meters or so in them felt a little awkward - but I made a couple adjustments in my foot fall things were much better. I didn't look at my watch for most of this run as I was just concentrating on keeping things simple and easy. It wasn't until the first mile beeped did I realize that I was really moving. Since the first mile went so well I decided to do one more. Again - I didn't look at the Garmin and just went on feel. I did pick up the last 100 meters just to get a feel for them at faster speeds.

Newton's felt great on their first run, back to my Saucony's tomorrow for my run with Zak.

Total distance: 2 miles
Total time: 14:58
Average pace: 7:29
Best pace: 5:55

Splits
7:37
7:21

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/28517489

No comments: