Saturday, July 18, 2009

Long run Saturday (hot humid and blech)

So today's run is the run I have been dreading for a few weeks now. I left the house at 8am and started over to the East Bay bike path 5+ miles from the house to meet Drew. It was HOT and HUMID from the start. I made it to the bike path in a little over 45 minutes and as I got to the parking lot Drew pulled in. Since it was so nasty and I was dripping with sweat already - I dumped my shirt and glasses in Drew's car. The next 6 miles went quick and relatively easy. We took a quick break to stretch and hydrate. About half way back, I had to walk. I didn't want to - but I had to. We walked or about 5 minutes and then started back up. It being so hot and humid made the last three miles really tough. I'm glad Drew was there as he made the last part much more manageable. Hopefully it will cool off a bit before my next long run.

Total Mileage: 17
Total Time: 2:42:00
Average Pace: 9:31

Weekly Mileage: 54.75

No comments: