Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rainy 10+ miler

Well the rain didn't hold off but that was not going to get in the way of today's run. I came up with this odd route to avoid the roads that have more cars on it and decided against the bike path as its getting a little tedious/boring. I left work and headed out Faigrounds Rd and turned left on Waites Corner Rd. When I got to Route 2, I turned around and then headed up to 100 Acres Rd and up the hill and back to Waites. I headed back out Waites again to Rte 2, turned around again - and then back up 100 Acres up the hill then back to work. During my last trip on the hill it started to really pour. A raft would have come in handy for run down the 100 Acres hill.

For some reason there was ALOT of traffic on my route today - alot more than on a nice dry day. Most cars were good about going slow around me and not splashing me - minus the big Ford F250 that forced me to jump in the grass. By the time I got back to work I was drenched - glad I wore my older pair of shoes. As I did yesterday, I focused on forefoot running and it felt very natural - except for downhill.

Total Mileage: 10.7
Total Time: 1:32:35
Average Pace: 8:39

No comments: