Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday 8 miler with pickups with forefoot running

Today Drew and I headed out to the bike path for an eight mile run. I've been reading up, watching YouTube videos and listening to BrandonsMarathon podcast to learn more on forefront running. So I focused today on my foot strikes and making sure I was forefront running instead of heal-toe. In the fifth and sixth miles, we did 3 pickups each of 30 seconds with a recovery of a minute in between. Pace was fast but we decided not to go crazy and do an all out pickup - I estimated it to be around 5k pace. The forefront running made the entire run almost seem easier - especially during the pickups. Overall a good run - hopefully the rain holds off for the rest of the week or Ill have some wet runs coming up.

Total mileage: 8
Total Time: 1:11:18
Average Pace: 8:54

Splits
9:36
9:13
8:37
8:14
8:49
8:45
9:28
8:33

No comments: