Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold, windy, icy run

After some nasty weather here in New Haven (heavy winds and snow) I was able to get out and go for a nice run. Although it was still very windy and cold having no snow blowing around made a huge difference. Sidewalks were still pretty slick in some places - so when it was safe I ran in the roads. I tried out a new route out Canner St to St Ronan St, up the hill on Edwards, then on Propsect towards my son's new school. Then back down the hill on Canner to back to St Ronan. I turned around - then up the hill on Canner, to Prospect. I stayed on Prospect to Grove - to Orange St then back home via Willow/Anderson. Kind of all over the place - but I'm still scoping out areas here to run. I think I will start doing some MapMyRun.com searches around the area to find some new routes.

Total Distance: 4.71 miles
Total Time: 42:06
Average Pace: 8:55

Splits
8:58
8:47
8:57
9:02
8:54

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/21680208

No comments: