Saturday, January 9, 2010

First group run with Milford Road Runners - 8 miler

Today was my first run with the Milford Road Runners. I didn't know quite what to expect for distances and paces everyone was going - but I figured I'd just go with the flow. When I got to the meeting spot, I was able to find a group that was going to go eight miles. Seemed to be a fast group and a slower group in that eight mile bunch - I figured I'd go with the faster group to see if I could hang and worse case I would just drop back with the others. Except I really had no idea where we were going so once we separated I had to stay with Dan and Tom. After a quick warmup mile, we fell into a nice pace. Course was a mix of pavement, sidewalk, snow/ice on grass, snow/ice on sand, snow/ice on sidewalk. So we had to slow up sometimes based on footing. Of course I stepped on two rocks and partially twisted my ankle. The second, and bigger, rock was somewhere between the fifth and sixth mile. I fell back from the group with under a mile to go. Today felt really good. I was pushed to run faster than I normally would on a long day. Look forward to next week - hopefully I'll steer clear of the rocks.

Total Mileage: 8 miles
Total Time: 1:06:19
Average Pace: 8:17

Splits
9:02
8:35
8:01
8:27
8:21
8:14
7:41
7:52

No comments: