Thursday, January 21, 2010

Easy run - Farmington Canal Path

After back to back days of hard runs (mile repeats and an all out 3) I decided to take it relatively easy today. Since I had not yet found the Farmington Canal Heritage Trail I went out today in hopes of coming across it.

Today was a little cooler than it has been - but still I'll take 33 degrees over 20's any day. I took my normal path out Canner St - up the hill (terrible way to warm up I think so I'll have to rethink that route in the future). Once I turned on to Division St, it was super easy to find - not sure how I've missed it in my previous runs. Very wide trail with tons of room (although no one was really out there today). I ended up running past the Stop and Shop (which by car seems so far away) and turning around three miles in. I tried to keep my pace relatively steady which I think I did pretty good at considering the big hill in the beginning and at the end to get back home. McMillan that I'm following has my easy runs between 8:30-9:00.

Tomorrow- maybe some hill repeats? I'm sure after spending, what I'm guessing, most of my morning tomorrow at the DMV, some hills will probably do me some good.

Total mileage: 6 miles
Total Time: 51:24
Average Pace: 8:34

Splits (pace/hr)
8:53/145
8:16/154
8:27/158
8:30/161
8:35/162
8:38/162

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/22860123

No comments: