Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recovery run day

After yesterday's hills, today was scheduled to be a recovery day. Weather was great today - I'm still getting used to the "warmer" temperatures and trying not to overdress - but I failed with that today. I have to remember 40 is not cold. It's shorts and tshirts (with gloves) weather.

Oh well...Headed out today with no real set plan in mind but to get five relatively easy miles in. After a quick stop at the mailbox to mail back my Netflix (priorities) - I headed downtown on to run "the loop" I usually do on easy days. I find it easier to make my runs downtown line up on easy days as their are so many streets to cross, pedestrians and cars to avoid. I have gone downtown on a speed run - but I found this tricky as I was usually sneaking up on people running at all out breathing like a crazy person. I'm still looking for a good route for my speed runs where I don't have to worry too much about car traffic or scaring the crap out of people as I run past.

But I digress...after I got back to State St I decided to head up Edwards and up the hill on the other side of Whitney. Not sure why I thought running the hill on an easy day was a good idea. I ran past my son's school (gave it a wave although I know he can't see me from his classroom). Then headed out Prospect over to one of the cross streets down to Whitney then home. By the time I got home, I realized that the overdressing is going to be an issue as I was sweating like crazy.

Total Mileage: 5.5
Total Time: 48:15
Average Pace: 8:46
Average HR: 154
Max HR: 175

Splits: 8:40/8:33/8:52/8:51/8:56/8:44

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/23341157

On a side note, the other day I realized I have gone over 2000 miles since I started keeping track midway through 2008 (I started running in Aug of 2007). If I left my place in CT and just ran towards say Seattle, Id be just outside Billings Montana.

No comments: